Flu or influenza is a viral infection caused due to the influenza virus. It is a respiratory problem and can be contagious. When a person with flu coughs or sneezes, the infection can spread through respiratory droplets. One must be very careful if anyone in the family has flu. Taking since close contact makes it easier for the virus to spread. the right medication is the best way to treat any kind of flu. There are various flu symptoms and remedies that should be known to get the proper and right treatment. Read on to know more about flu symptoms and home remedies.
Symptoms of flu
Here are some of the most common symptoms of flu.
- Sore throat, blocked or runny nose, and cough
- High body temperature
- Shivers and sweat
- Joint pain
Home remedies and treatments for flu
When the symptoms have been identified, it becomes easier to start an effective treatment. When one is infected by the influenza virus, it takes at least two days for the symptoms to show up. So, early diagnosis can be quite difficult. Here are some of the common ways to treat flu.
- Rest is one of the most important things to do when one has flu. It is important to keep oneself warm and take some rest. This helps to relax the body. It is also important to minimise social contact as flu is contagious.
- IDrink plenty of water especially when flu is accompanied by diarrhea and vomit. In such cases, the body becomes easily dehydrated; so it is necessary to remain hydrated. Along with this, it is also helpful in flushing out all the viral toxins from the body.
- It is useful to have to a liquid diet when one has flu. Chicken soup is the best choice as it helps in keeping the warm and also speed up the recovery process.
- Consult a doctor to get started on with antiviral medication, which will help in getting faster relief and alleviating the various symptoms of the flu.
- Make sure that the doctor prescribes medications to treat aches and high fever as well.
Now, that you know the various common symptoms of flu and how to treat it with home remedies and doctor-prescribed treatments, remedies, it is going to be easier to manage the illness. Ensure to remain covered during the flu season.